Population of Punjab 2019

Punjab as a state is situated in North India. The state is flanked by Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and the Pakistani zone of Punjab. Chandigarh is the capital, which is basically a Union Territory and it is also the capital of the state of Haryana. After the year 1947, the Punjab area of British India was allocated between India and Pakistan. Punjab was divided in the year 1966 by making ways for Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and current Punjab.

population of Punjab 2019

It is also the solitary Sikh dominated state in India. Punjab is likewise generally known for its ever tasty food with a long list of food items and one should attempt every one of the treats while being in Punjab. Additionally, Hockey is to a great degree popular over here with many numbers of players represented India on the International level. Punjab also boasts of one of the cleanest and planned cities in India and that is Chandigarh.


To find out the population of Punjab in 2019, the population of the last 5 years has to be taken into account. They are as follows:

  1. 2014 – 28.7 Million
  2. 2015 – 29.1 Million
  3. 2016 – 29.6 Million
  4. 2017 – 29.924 Million
  5. 2018 – 30.1688 Million

We take the population of Punjab from 2014-18 and there is a noticeable increment of 1.4688 Million in the past 5 years. In terms of average, the population increases every year by 0.29376 Million. Therefore, the population of Punjab in 2019 is 30.1688 Million + 0.29376 Million = 30.46256 Million. Therefore, the population of Punjab in 2019 as per estimates = 30.46256 Million.

Punjab Population 2019 –30.46256 Million. (estimated).


The literacy rate over here is 75%, with males at 80.23% and female literacy is 68%. As of the 2011 records, the sex ratio was about 895 females for 1000 males. Since the state is into agricultural business, a wide bit of the population lives in rural parts. About 66% of the general population lives in the countryside while the other 34% are urban occupants.

Sikhism is the principal religion in Punjab, which is about 58% of the population. Hinduism is followed by 38.5%. Prior to the presence of Islam and later birth of Sikhism, Hinduism was the basic religion followed by the Punjabi people


The population density of Punjab is 551 persons per square kilometer. The population growth rate of the state is growing at a high pace in the last few years. The number of individuals in the state in 1991 was surveyed to be 20.19 million. It accomplished 24.3 million by the end of 2001. Around 20% of aggregate populations in Punjab are from different parts in India.


  1. The weather of Punjab is contrasting. It can be to an extraordinary degree cool in winters and inconceivably hot in the summer season.

  2. It is flanked by Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal and Jammu and Kashmir. The Punjab region in Pakistan moreover borders Punjab too.

  3. Chandigarh and Amritsar are essentially the main places of Sikh pilgrimage. The Golden Temple in the city of Amritsar is the most fundamental journey of the Sikhs.

  4. Punjab as a state has its International Airport in Amritsar. The state is moreover connected with roadways, railroads, and air.

  5. Agribusiness is the foundation of Punjab. The main things traded are wheat, rice, and cotton. The state of Punjab is the largest producer of Wheat in India and that is evident with those large fields of wheat around the rural parts of Punjab.

[an error occurred while processing the directive]
[an error occurred while processing the directive]
[an error occurred while processing the directive] This site is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by specified business. It exists as a compendium of supporting information intended for informational purposes only. If you want to buy this website, please don't hesitate to contact us via e-mail: domain (dot) sales (dot) org @ gmail (dot) com or you can find and buy it on Afternic domain auctions.