Population of Vijayapura/Bijapur 2019

Bijapur, authoritatively known as Vijayapura is a city in the state of Karnataka. The city is notable for its chronicled landmarks of architectural significance made amid the power of the Adil Shahi dynasty. Vijayapura is one of the prevalent heritage cities situated in Karnataka. It has been announced as one of the corporations in Karnataka as of late. The urban population according to 2011 was about 326,000, making the ninth biggest city in the state.

population of Vijayapur 2019

The city of Vijayapura went under the control of the Khalji Sultanate in Delhi by around the 13th century. In 1347, the zone was vanquished by the Bahmani Sultanate of Gulbarga.

POPULATION OF VIJAYAPURA IN 2019:

To know the population of Vijayapura in 2019, the population of the past 5 years needs to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2014 – 400,000
  2. 2015 – 425,620
  3. 2016 – 453,550
  4. 2017 – 472,400
  5. 2018 – 493,240

The population of Vijayapura from the year 2014-18 can be seen above and there is a definite increment of 93,240 in the past 5 years. As per the figures, every year it is seen that the population increases by around 18,648. The population of Vijayapura in 2019 is estimated to be 493,240 + 18,648 = 511,888. So, the population of Vijayapura in the year 2019 as per estimated data = 511,888.

Vijayapura/Bijapur Population 2019 –511,888. (estimated).

DEMOGRAPHY OF VIJAYAPURA:

Bijapur/Vijayapura has in excess of 3.2 lakh population according to statistics of 2011. Around 20% of the general population is found in the urban locales and the other 80% are in rural regions. Males comprise about 51% and females 49% in the city. It has a literacy rate of 84%, which is higher as compared to the national average. Male literacy is about 89% and female literacy at about 78%. 12% of the population of Vijayapura is under 6 years old. Kannada is the sign language spoken here.

The territory is extremely cosmopolitan with impacts from a few regions. Individuals from various areas of the nation including Maharashtra and Rajasthan have settled here since the most recent couple of decades.

POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF VIJAYAPURA:

The population density of Vijayapura is 3316 people per square kilometer. The city’s population has expanded by 33% in the past 10 years. In 2001 the population of the city was 2.5 lakh. Female population growth rate has been 35.4% which is 5.1% higher as compared to the male population growth rate of around 30.3%. The population growth has been pretty good in the last couple of years and a large number of people have relocated to this city from nearby areas.

FACTS ABOUT VIJAYAPURA:

  1. Vijayapura is developing as a center for education. In the past, there was hardly any educational institute in the city. Alongside top schools, there are numerous colleges which give under-graduate and post-graduate degrees in social science and humanities.

  2. During the first edition of the Karnataka Premier League, the team from the city of Vijayapura was Bijapur Bulls. The team was purchased by Vivid Kreations who are fundamentally into Architecture. Mr. Kiran Kattimani the author of Vivid Kreations got the team and is in this way the glad proprietor of the BB franchise.

  3. The weather is by and large dry and sound. In summer months like April and May, the temperature touches 40 to 42 degree Celsius.

  4. Sufis came here in Vijayapura amid the rule of Qutbuddin Aibak. Amid this period, Deccan was under local Hindu rulers.

  5. It is a popular tourist destination in the nation, the previous capital of the Adilshahi dynasty, located about 579 km from Bangalore city.